Way to move Exchange to Office 365 Migration
Since Exchange (on-premises) provides a simple platform for its users to communicate and collaborate where administrators can maintain users’ access, Office 365 offers advanced services and flexibility to work with their services. So, it has been a trend to migrate Exchange to Office 365 for a couple of years. Most of the users are already using Office 365 cloud-based services, and many are looking for solutions for Exchange to Office 365 migration. Here in this guide, we will learn some potential ways to migrate to Office 365.
Before getting into how to migrate Exchange Server to Office 365, we will go through some of the advantages and purposes of using Office 365.
Advantages and Purposes of Migrating to Office 365:
- With Office 365 cloud services, you don’t have to bear any burden to maintain its applications up to date. Microsoft schedules and takes care of all of the cloud applications automatically. It will never go through server downtime or such situations.
- The specialist’s features in Office 365 help keep users trusted by protecting their data. So, no worries about data loss in situations such as data fraud, failures, or technical glitches.
- You require to get a subscription to Office 365. You can work with its services from anywhere at any time in the presence of internet connectivity. It is accessible on any supporting device without investing in infrastructure. Once you subscribe to Office 365, it automates all the advanced features, setup tips, a whole range of other features.
- There is no additional hardware provider required. It comes with proper storage, configuring everything, and everything just laid out.
The above point makes this a trending task indeed, and these are some leading intentions to migrate Exchange to Office 365. Now let us learn the process of performing this task.
Plans to Migrate Exchange Server to Office 365:
Basically, you can perform Exchange to Office 365 migration manually using native methods or using a professional third-party tool.
There are two ways to use manual techniques like PowerShell commands to export mailboxes to PST. It is easier to import PST files into Office 365, and the second one is native utilities and deployment.
Export Mailboxes to PST
You can use the export-mailbox command or the merge utility to export mailboxes to PST while mailboxes are from Exchange Server 2007 or earlier versions.
For Exchange Server 2010 or higher, you can use PowerShell’s new Mailbox Export command to export mailboxes and import them into Office 365 easily.
Command: “New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox <mailbox name>-FilePath “<destination file path>”
Native utilities and deployment:
- Cutover Migration:
The cutover migration method migrates 2000 or less than 2000 mailboxes at a time and is only compatible with Exchange Server 2003, 2007, 2010, and 2013.
- Staged Migration:
A Staged migration helps migrate mailboxes in batches. It supports over 2,000 mailboxes for Exchange Server 2003 and 2007.
- Hybrid Migration:
You can apply hybrid migration to migrate 150 to 2000 mailboxes. It migrates mailboxes in small batches. Exchange Server 2010 and 2013 users can use the hybrid migration process for Exchange to Office 365 migration.
These methods look simple to migrate Exchange to Office 365, but they have many restrictions and drawbacks. Listed below:
Why manual methods are not preferred:
- You must have detailed knowledge of mailbox migration. Not every user does manual migration.
- These migration processes are compatible with select Exchange servers. Not suitable for all versions.
- They can migrate a limited number of mailboxes. You cannot use them for higher migration.
- There are no options for filtering, searching, and previewing the source items in the processing.
- It may endure a long time to complete.
Since we recognize that the manual approach to accomplish this task has a lot of restrictions, we will now move on to a professional solution to migrate Exchange to Office 365. Shoviv Software is one of the well-known names in providing software solutions for email data management. So one of the best software for the job is its Exchange to Office 365 migration tool.
Shoviv Exchange to Office 365 migration tool:
Shoviv Exchange to Office 365 Migration tool makes migrating mailboxes from Exchange to Office 365 in a hassle-free manner. In addition to migrating Live Exchange to Office 365, it allows migration of Office 365 mailboxes, Outlook storage mailboxes, and EDB files to Office 365. It becomes up to date with high-level algorithms and a simple appearance that makes it easy for everyone to use. There is no use for any additional support that will only ask you for valid credentials for your source Exchange and target Office 365.
Excellent features of this tool are:
- This quick tool allows adding any number of mailboxes. There is no restriction on mailbox size, and you can even add corrupt mailboxes as it reads the data before migrating.
- This Exchange to Office 365 migration tool is easy to move even public folders and archives mailboxes to Office 365 quickly.
- You can preview the added mailbox items just before processing to make sure.
- In addition to migration, it saves the source mailbox items in MSG, EML, HTML, vCard, vCal, and RTF.
- Export/backup with Incremental facility: This tool has an incremental option. You simply check on this option, and in case of interruption, the process will resume and prevent duplication.
- It supports migrating source mailboxes to PST as the PST file is easy to port and access into Outlook.
- Being the best tool, it has efficient functionalities like email translation and folder mapping to migrate Exchange to Office 365 without any hitch. Users can also insert CSV files through email translation and mapping.
This guide gives you a perfect idea about the Exchange to Office 365 migration. Manually you will face complications. Thus, using the mentioned tool is the best plan. This tool is also available in a free demo model. You can try it before investing in which you will get a fair idea about its performance. It will also process the first fifty items per folder to migrate Exchange to Office 365.
Note: If you want to export office 365 all mailboxes to PST then you can click here:- Export Office 365 mailbox to PST