Is your valuable time getting wasted on setting up an extender again and again? Well, don’t you worry. You are in the right place in this article; we will help you for netgear extender setup in no time. Whether it is new or old doesn’t matter. So stick with the article till the last, so that you don’t miss any step.
At first, we will set your extender installation, and then we will provide you some tips to experience better performance for an extended period. Let’s cut the chit-chat and get directly to the process.
There are two ways to set up your Netgear extender, and both are easy to operate.
- Wireless protected setup method (WPS)
- Manual method
Netgear Extender WiFi Protected Setup Installation Process (WPS)
Follow the below-mentioned steps to set up your Netgear wifi range extender.
- If you are using a new extender, unbox it and plug it near your existing router.
- Turn your Netgear extender on by pressing the on/off switch.
- When the extender LED, indicator gets stable, presses and holds the WPS button on your Netgear extender for a couple of seconds and then releases it.
- Now repeat the same process with your router and activate the WPS connection.
- Take your wifi-enabled PC and launch a web browser (choose any updated browser).
- Click on the address bar and type www.mywifiext.net setup, and hit the enter button.
- You are on a new mywifiext.net setup portal.
- Enter the admin credentials in the given blocks and hit the login button.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions for the other setup process.
- Choose your new Netgear extended network from the active network list and click on it to get connected.
- If connected, voila! Now you can relocate your Netgear extender to your desired location.
- As an extender, it needs live internet connectivity to provide internet to fill your dead zone. So, keep your extender halfway to your existing router and the place where you want to extend the network connectivity.
- Once the Netgear extender gets placed in its new location, you can now connect your new network with any of your smart devices.
- If connected, watch movies, do work, or anything without any buffering issue.
Do you find the aforementioned Netgear extender setup easy to perform? If not, then you can consider another method to set up WiFi range extender.
Netgear Extender Manual Setup Process
Here is a step-by-step instruction manual that can help you to install a proper Netgear extender setup. Follow the below-mentioned information carefully.
- Unbox your new Netgear extender carefully.
- Keep your extender in the same room as your existing wifi.
- Now plug your extender near the electric socket and turn it on by pressing the on/off switch.
- Let your Netgear extender get stable.
- Once the LED indicators are stable, take a new ethernet cable and connect your router and extender via LAN cable.
- Now take any of your pc or laptop which gets connected to your wifi.
- Launch an updated web browser.
- Click on the address bar and type 192.168.1.250, and hit the enter button.
- You are on a new Netgear extender setup portal.
- Now enter the admin credentials in the given blocks.
- Your username must be “admin,” and your password must be “password” or no password at all.
- Hit the login button.
- Now look for the available internet connection near you in the given list.
- Choose your new Netgear extender network and click on it.
- Once you get connected, change the location of your Netgear_ext.
- Keep your extender in between your existing router and the place where there are no internet connections.
- Now take any of your smart devices and try to connect them with your extender network.
- You were once connected, voila! You are all set to surf the internet without any buffering issues.
Increasing Netgear Extender Connectivity Performance
Here are some points, by shock, you can improve the performance of your internet connectivity, so that you never have to face error issues, connectivity problems, and low speed networks. We can imagine the feeling when your important office call or favorite movies gets interfered due to network connectivity issues. By following further points you can experience better quality then before and that is for sure.
Follow the information given below :
- Electronic interference leads to error issues in extenders. Try to keep your router and extender as far as possible from baby monitors, refrigerators, microwave ovens, and other electronic furniture.
- Room corners and concrete walls are why you are facing a low network connection. Try keeping your router and extender in the middle of your house or workplace to ignore common connectivity issues.
- If you are failing to set up your Netgear extender, try resetting your extender to its factory settings and try again, that will indeed resolve your issue.
In information as mentioned earlier, we provided you both the setup process for a Netgear wifi range extender, but if you are still on a square one or you are facing any other issue regarding the Netgear extender, let us know. We will reach you with the best assistance. As soon as possible.
Is this article informative?