Do you want to install a fresh copy of QuickBooks Enterprise but do not know how to start? We will make sure that you get familiarized with all the necessary steps needed for installing the software through this article.
This article shall also apprise you of the associated features related to QuickBooks Enterprise. To successfully install QuickBooks Enterprise for the first time, navigate through this article and implement each step carefully.
Steps To Install QuickBooks Enterprise for the first time
Follow the walkthrough below to successfully install a fresh copy of QuickBooks Enterprise.
Step 1: Security Test of Network
Before enunciating the installation procedure, make sure you have a backup of your company file and other necessary documents from your previous accounting program. There are various methods for setting up your network.
Method 1: Installation through Central Server Option
You can use this option for installing QuickBooks database manager, which also stores your company files.
Method 2: By using the Peer to Peer Option
This shall install QuickBooks Enterprise on every workstation. Using this option for installation allows one system to store the company file and the rest to access it on the network.
Method 3: Through the Remote Desktop Services
The Remote Desktop Services option installs QuickBooks Enterprise on a central server. It is imperative to note that you will not be able to install QuickBooks on workstations by installing using this option. Only the Remote Desktop Service has access to the application and the associated company file(s).
Step 2: Install QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
Before installing QuickBooks Enterprise, ensure that one common version of Enterprise must be setup on all the computers. Once ensured, follow the steps below to install enterprise software on the server:
- Before starting, close all open and running applications and security programs.
- Click on the QuickBooks Enterprise downloaded file.
- On the ‘choose installation type’ window, choose a suitable installation type amongst the three types (express, custom and network) as per your requirement and convenience.
- Proceed with the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Installation Type 1: Express install
This option is selected when you use the software for the first time or re-installing QuickBooks. You should also choose this option if you wish to install QuickBooks on a particular system.
To install QuickBooks Enterprise using the ‘Express Install’ option, follow the steps given below:
- Click on the ‘Express’ option
- Click on ‘Next’ and select ‘Install.’
- Once the installation is complete, open QuickBooks.
Installation Type 2: Custom and Network Install
You can choose this type of installation for installing QuickBooks on a location other than the default destination. This Installation type can also be chosen while hosting the company files on a server or establishing a multi-user network. To carry out custom or network install, follow the steps below:
- Select ‘custom and network’ options and click on ‘Next.’
- Select the option of how to use QuickBooks.
- Now you need to change the install location.
- Click on the ‘Browse’ option to choose a desired location for the QuickBooks folder.
- After that hit a Click on ‘Next’ to enunciate the installation process.
- Click on ‘open QuickBooks’.
- Once the software is installed successfully, you need to configure the QuickBooks database server manager. You can now access the company file stored on the server.
Step 3: Setting up the multi-user hosting
Take note of the fact that in multi-user hosting, only one system can host multi-user access. Furthermore, there is no need to enable multi-user hosting on the server if the QuickBooks database server manager has already been installed.
- Ensure that in Peer to Peer option – multi-user hosting should be ‘ON’ on the server and ‘OFF’ on your system.
- In the Remote desktop server, multi-user hosting should be ‘ON’ on the server and not applicable on the system.
- Multi-user hosting should be ‘ON’ on the server and ‘OFF’ on the computer in the Central server.
- Verify if multi-user hosting is enabled on the server:
- Access QuickBooks desktop Enterprise on the server.
- Click ‘File’ and then ‘Utilities.’
- Check that ‘Stop Hosting Multi-Access’ shows up in the ‘Utilities’
- If it is displayed, follow the below steps below:
- Click on ‘Host Multi-Access.’
- Click on ‘Yes’ upon being asked to confirm starting multi-user access.
- If asked to close and reopen the company file, click ‘Yes.’
Step 4: Setting up the company file and import the existing data
- Set up the company file, add users, and know what areas of QuickBooks users can access.
- Activating QuickBooks desktop enterprise
- Once you are done installing QuickBooks desktop, activate it before you get started. QuickBooks will prompt to activate, or activate it using the steps below:
- Open QuickBooks
- Select activate QuickBooks desktop from the help menu
- Verify the info by performing the steps that appear on the screen
- Create a company file
- You can build a company file that contains all of the QuickBooks information. If you’re converting data from another software package, double-check the company file once it gets converted to ensure all financial data gets included. You can select any of the alternatives below based on your needs and the one that best suits you.
- Converting from Quicken
- Starting from scratch
- Converting from Peachtree
- Once the company file is created, simply scan it.
Step 5: Configure QuickBooks desktop Enterprise to your business
Follow the onscreen instructions and then click on the Start working button.
Quick Start Center: For creating invoices, checks and bills, sales receipts, etc. It is used to view customer and vendor account balance.
Review your Chart of Accounts: The chart of accounts can be reviewed, checked, and edited.
Payroll: By subscribing to QuickBooks Payroll, add year-to-date payroll details. If you refrain from doing that, it may lead to inaccurate payroll tax information.
Backup your company file: Backup company file is the best and most imperative online service for QuickBooks.
You may also read : Mold in-home inspections
We are optimistic that this article assisted you in installing a fresh copy of QuickBooks Enterprises successfully. If you have any doubts, queries or require assistance in this regard, you can get in touch with 24 ×7 QuickBooks Technical assistance provider. They can easily handle your query in no time.