Curtains are a crucial part of any home since they serve numerous functions such as preserving privacy, giving shade from the sun, and improving the appearance of any area.
Curtains, in addition to the other features, play an important function in the interior design of a home.
This implies that curtains require extra attention and washing on a regular basis to keep them looking new and contributing to the overall aesthetic appeal of your home.
We’ll go over all of the crucial parts of curtain cleaning, as well as the benefits and numerous cleaning choices available to you, in this article. We’ll also go over the significance and advantages of hiring professional curtain cleaners.
Why is it necessary to clean your curtains?
The first thing that comes to mind when thinking about curtain cleaning is the fact that curtains can become soiled or dusty, necessitating cleaning.
However, curtain cleaning doesn’t only depend on only these reasons. The following are some of the reasons why curtain cleaning is so important:
- The presence of various types of stains on the curtains is the first and most obvious explanation. Food and drink spills, as well as stains caused by dogs or children, are all possibilities.
- In addition to the visible stains, the curtains contain concealed filth and allergens that can be harmful to your health. Bacteria, viruses, and other allergens are among them, and they can wreak havoc on people who suffer from respiratory and sinus difficulties.
- Because windows are the typical place for curtains, they collect dust and debris from the outside over time, which may or may not be visible but needs cleaning.
- Curtains can also absorb moisture and provide a breeding ground for mould, fungi, and mildew.
Curtain Cleaning at Home: A Step-by-Step Guide
If you want to clean your curtains at home, there are a few different approaches you can use. Below are the further details of them:
- Always read the labels on your curtains before attempting to clean them to discover if they can be washed or dry cleaned so you can proceed accordingly.
- Vacuum the curtains with a slow-setting vacuum cleaner and a soft-bristle attachment to eliminate any excess dust or debris. Use of this technique after every few days to guarantee that the curtains do not accumulate dust.
- Remove all curtains from their hooks and rods if they may be washed.
- If you need to hand-wash your curtains, soak them in a detergent and water solution for 15-20 minutes before gently rubbing them to remove any stains. Allow them to soak for an additional 10 minutes before removing them. After rinsing them completely, lay them out to dry.
- If the curtains are made of machine-washable fabric, start the washing process by placing them in the washing machine on the proper setting, usually delicate. After washing them, hang them to dry.
How Often Does Curtain Need Cleaning?
The logical answer to this issue is that it depends on a variety of elements, including the fabric and material of the curtains, the quantity of dust that accumulates over time, and the sorts of cleaning procedures used to complete the task.
Companies recommends washing curtains at-least once every .
Of course, other factors influence how often you should wash your curtains. The curtains will need frequent cleaning if any of your family members have any sort of allergies. You might wish to include carpet cleaning in this as well.
Curtain Cleaning in a Professional Manner
We’ll go over how professional curtain cleaning businesses handle the cleaning process in this article.
Cleaning using a dryer
Professionals do dry washing by two different methods. In the first instance, the curtains are removed from the house and returned to the provider for dry cleaning.
This includes soil removal, odor removal, pollen removal, smoke removal, and dust removal. The dry washing technique prevents shrinkage and ensures that the curtains are in excellent condition. In most cleaning facilities, perchloro-ethylene is utilized, followed by tumble drying.
The alternative method of dry cleaning is to remove the drapes from your home so that your home is not exposed. The experts utilize specialized equipment and a high-quality solvent that is injected under pressure into the curtains. The solvent is subsequently removed with specialized machinery, and the curtains are cleaned as a result.
Professionals pay great attention to the fabric type to guarantee that no color loss or other issues occur during the washing procedure. Dry cleaning uses a synthetic hydrocarbon solvent, but not for dye-sensitive materials. These cases require a non-aggressive solvent.
Cleaning using Steam
Steam washing is ideal for heavy drapes that are difficult to remove and clean. The steam cleaner cleanses the heavy curtains while they are hanging.
The technicians dress appropriately and use steaming equipment to apply steam to the curtains from top to bottom. Because steam is quite hot and might even burn the curtains. You should leave this job to professionals who know how to do it correctly.
Extraction with Hot Water
The hot water doesn’t damage the curtains, therefore the hot water extraction is best for curtains. A solution of hot water and special cleaning solution made to clean the curtains.
The hot water is then drained using specialized equipment, resulting in the elimination of dust and practically all stains from the curtains, leaving them perfectly clean and as good as new.
What are the Benefits of Using Professional Curtain Cleaning Services?
When it comes to curtain cleaning, you might consider doing it yourself rather than paying a professional.
There are, nevertheless, a number of reasons why you should engage someone to clean your curtains. The following are some of them:
- One of the most compelling reasons to engage professional curtain cleaners is that they are familiar with a wide range of textiles and can handle and clean them using different procedures depending on the type.
- Professional curtain cleaners have the necessary tools and equipment to do the job. This involves returning the curtains to the cleaners as well as cleaning them at your house with specialized equipment.
- Professional curtain cleaners have the necessary abilities to handle and clean a variety of curtain fabrics, quality, and dye-related difficulties. You may feel assured that the curtains will be as good as new once the cleaning process is over because of their expert approach.
- Because it is their day-to-day duty, the pros are well-versed in the finest solutions for not just the curtains but also the environment. That means you won’t have to worry about hazardous fumes or allergens from abrasive solutions and detergents if they clean your curtains at home because they’ll be utilizing ecofriendly products.