Outlook PST files are a wonderful way to import and export mail, and they’re frequently used to back up your inbox. OST files, on the other hand, cannot be imported but contain all of your email messages. So, converting OST to PST, preferably for free?
When you use an IMAP connection or have selected Cached Exchange Mode for your account, Outlook will create OST files. A local copy of the mail is kept in both cases. This allows you to access and read your email even if you don’t have access to the internet. When you connect to your (Exchange) mail server, the local copy is synced every time.
If there is a data loss on the mail server-side, or if you need to restore a deleted mailbox, converting the OST file to PST will allow you to import the mail again.
Manually Converting OST to PST for Free
There are several free methods for manually converting from OST to PST, but all of them require access to the Outlook profile. Because the OST file can only be opened with the same profile, this is the case.
The method described below is the only one that works. Exporting the mailbox to PST is the quickest and easiest approach if you have access to the Outlook profile. Yes, you can use Outlook’s Auto Archiving feature, but it will only export items that are more than x days old.
You could also create a new PST file and then drag-and-drop the things from the Outlook profile to it, but exporting to PST is far more convenient.
When you wish to export your mailbox to a PST file, you don’t require internet access. To convert OST to PST, you only need access to the Outlook profile.
OST to PST conversion
5 minutes are required.
We’ll require Outlook self to manually converting OST to PST. Ascertain that you can access the original Outlook profile.
- Open Outlook and select File from the File menu.
- Choose Import/Export from the Open & Export menu.
- Choose Export to a file from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Outlook Data File option (.pst)
- Select the folder or the entire account that you want to export. Ensure that the Include subfolders are checked.
- Next, select an export location, and then click Finish.
When the export is complete, you’ll have a PST file with which you can import your emails into another account.
The Most Effective of Conversion
Your only alternative if you don’t have access to the Outlook profile is to utilize an OST to PST converter, which is a costly third-party service. I understand that you are looking for a free way to converting OST to PST, however, there are no such programs available.
Yes, there are many tools that claim to be free, but they all have some form of restriction. They can only export a certain number of items, or they can’t read the OST file because they don’t have the Outlook profile (and if you have access to the Outlook, users can use the manual method according to them)
OST Converter is a very powerful converter that can export OST files that are corrupted, damaged, encrypted, or even password protected. The program has an Outlook 2007 / 2010 look and feels, making it very easy to navigate and search through the OST file.
You must first choose your OST file before using OST Converter. The OST file is located in the user’s Local AppData folder:
Depending on the size of the OST file, it may take a few minutes to open. In the folder tree, look for the user’s inbox under Root – Mailbox > IPM SUBTREE > Inbox.
When you navigate the left-hand folder tree, you’ll discover that all of the data, including contacts, calendar items, and material from shared mailboxes, is recoverable.
Online OST to PST Converter
On the internet, there are a few online OST to PST converter providers. They may appear to be a complimentary service, but they are not. For the conversion, you’ll have to spend roughly $10 per GB.
Keep in mind that you’re sending your whole mailbox, including all of your personal and maybe sensitive data, to a firm you don’t know.
OST FILES TO PST FORMAT CONVERT
- Converting OST to PST format with all properties is now a quick and painless process. The full edition of the OST to PST converter tool has a very useful function that allows you to convert a large number of OST files into PST format in a single cycle. Users can also browse any OST file, regardless of its size or Outlook version. Users can freely add and convert OST to PST format with the use of this tool, regardless of where the file was generated.
DUAL WAYS FOR RENDERS TO ADD OST FILES
- Users can choose from the following options when viewing IMAP Outlook OST files into this OST to PST program. You can test this functionality by downloading the tool’s free demo version:
- Users can browse one or more OST files at a time into the software panel by selecting File(s).
- Users can add additional OST files by navigating the folder directly into the program panel using the Select Folder option.
FOLDER HIERARCHY IS CONVERTED AND MAINTAINED.
- While exporting selected offline files to PST format, this Microsoft OST to PST Converter Tool keeps the internal folder structure of the files. The internal grading of data folders/sub-folders will remain the same, and the original formatting will be preserved throughout the conversion process. As a result, consumers do not need to be concerned about data loss because conversion is assured to be done correctly.
An OST file can be converted to a PST file for free if you have access to the Outlook profile. You have no choice but to utilize one of the recovery programs if you just have the OST file.
All of the free tools available on the internet are limited. They may display the contents of the OST file, but only a limited number of things can be exported.
When it comes to converting your OST file, a good application will save you a lot of time.
My name is snesha and I am a software developer. I love to write on Technological Issues like File Conversion, Office 365 Issues, Data Recovery Issues, Cloud Migration, etc. Users can take the help of third-party software for easy and frequent processes. Use OST to PST Professional Tool for better performance. Thank you