Too much sun can damper a great beach day and might affect your health in the long term. As such, an ideal solution is a beach tent that can provide you with the much-needed protection from wind gusts and the sun’s harmful rays.
You can use it as a beach shelter or a base camp if you spend a lot of time in the sand. And you can find them in a variety of designs and materials online. After all, a variety of types are available for your beach day to be enjoyable. So, if you read further, you can learn the types and features of the beach tents.
What Are the Various Types of Beach Tents?
You can set up camp on the beach effortlessly with various types of beach tents, and these shelters provide various kinds of protection. But the type of tent you pick entirely depends upon your preference and requirements. So, you can read below some of the different types of beach tents:
- Continual pole pop-up tent: The poles of this tent are all connected. And one of the benefits of using this tent is that you don’t have to assemble it and pitch or break down the tent. With the help of a continual pole pop-up tent, you can twist it in a particular method and allow it to collapse. Hence, it becomes easy for you to pack up in a carry bag. And if you want to set it up, you have to untwist the tent and pop it up.
- Traditional pole tent: Since this tent can have individual collapsed poles, you can assemble it straight away. And you can ensure that the body or cover material is lightweight and can be pitched or attached like a typical backcountry camping tent. Moreover, some traditional pole beach tents include removable walls to keep sand and bugs out and regulate airflow.
- Hybrid tent: Although these tents appear to be similar to traditional pole tents, they have the convenience of pop-up tents. As such, you will find them with retractable poles attached to a string, and you have to pull the string for the hybrid tent to pop up or pitch.
- Umbrella tent: The umbrella tents are a hybrid version of beach umbrellas and beach tents. Well, you can be sure that they provide you with plenty of shade, and they are reasonably priced when compared to other sun shelters. You can pitch them up like a normal beach umbrella, and they are easy to use.
What Are the Features to Look for in Beach Tents?
You must consider the features provided by each type of tent and purchase the one that is practical for you. And, read on to know some general features of beach tents:
- Intended use: Before purchasing the tent, you will have to consider the number of people to be covered, the conditions in which you will be utilizing and how you plan on using it. And although you can accommodate more people in big beach tents, it might be impractical and hazardous. Meanwhile, you will find some tents with three walls that can protect you from various elements.
- Size: You need to consider the size of the tent by determining the space it will take up. And in case you want to use it on a relatively empty beach, then the larger tent is right for you. You can also look for sun shelters with less area for some shade on a crowded beach.
- Ease of use and transport: Your beach tent must be easy to pitch or break down, allowing you to enjoy the beach more. Meanwhile, some tents can be really bulky or heavy, and hence, you can consider the weight and packed size if you want to carry your tent for a certain distance.