Having a website for your business is one of the digital marketing strategies to get customers online. With the internet changing and evolves, business owners or marketers need to continuously adapt their marketing strategies according to the latest trends and technology. Therefore, a business website must be kept up-to-date and continually improving.
Why is Web Design important?
As to keep your business website updated, you may wonder about the significance of web design. How does it affect the target audience and the business? Is it worth it to invest your time in it?
Let us take a look at four reasons why website design is important.
1. Improves Branding.
Having an updated and consistent website design across your site is very important. An updated website will help strengthen the consistency of your brand. With a rebranded website, your business will improve its credibility and brand recognition amongst consumers. It allows you to build and communicate your brand through tailored design elements that align with your goals.
A good website design elevates the trustworthiness of your company. It helps your business gain more users visiting your website and possibly turn into potential customers.
2. Better Search Engine Ranking and Site Performance.
Designing a website with SEO in mind increases the website’s visibility and ranking quicker. That means the website design will help you climb up in search engine results page, getting you more organic traffic.
For better ranking, few tips need to consider in website design.
Things to consider in website design
- The site architecture and structure must be well-planned and organized. A well-organized website architecture and easy navigation helps customers find the information faster. It is better to plan the structure of your website properly so that it is easy for the audience to find the information they need.
- The website loading should not be compromised. Make sure to keep your website loads quickly to avoid your visitors becoming frustrated and leave. The page load speed is a critical part of how Google ranks its pages. If your site is slow, your website is going to rank lower in search engine results.
- It must be responsive and mobile-friendly. Your website must work on different screen resolutions and devices. The design and functionality should be compatibles with multiple devices such as desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Have unique and high-quality content. Publish content of high quality and free from plagiarism consistently. It should be relevant and useful to attract the target audience. High-quality website content has the potential to produce great results for a very low-cost investment.
- Better scores in google core web vitals. This website optimization tip is new. Core web vital is becoming an important factor in ranking signals for google search results. Google incorporated guidance for quality signals that are necessary to deliver an exceptional user experience on the web. With this new update from Google, you should improve your core web vital score and page experience signals after launching the website. You can use the Google Search Console tool to monitor the core web vitals and make sure there are no issues in your website.
3. Improve Organic Conversions. Generate More Leads.
When you have better traffic, you want the visitors to stay longer on your pages. Conversion is the ultimate goal for a business website. Improving website design not only boosts your website ranking but a chance to generate more high-quality leads and improve conversion rate.
Implementation of a call-to-action that is convincing and understandable help reduces the bounce rate of the website. Customers should know right away what to click and where to click to get to the information they need and turn them into leads.
4. Outranks Competitors.
If you want to surpass your competitors and attract more buyers, you must make your web design a couple of times better than theirs. Determine things that will build your business apart from the rest and have them included on your website. The goal here is to convince potential clients why your products or services are more reliable than those of your competitors.
Top 3 common mistakes in Web Design
Now that the importance of web design is covered, it is time to learn the most common web design mistakes in building a website.
1. Not prioritizing the Mobile-first design approach
One of the most common web design mistakes that most designers make is that they do not realize the importance of how the website will look on small screens such as smartphones and tablets. Designers usually do desktop design first and take care of the mobile design after the website is complete.
The Mobile-First design approach is a design strategy that strives to create a better user experience by starting the design process from the smallest screen and working your way up. With the recent trends, websites cannot compete without a better user experience on mobile. These also affect the website performance and core web vitals. So, designing your websites for mobile devices first helps you guarantee that your user experience is seamless on all devices.
2. No clear CTA or call-to-action
Not having a clear CTA or call-to-action is another common mistake in website design. The website is like your online salesperson or marketer. Your buyers will visit your website to find more information about the products or services they need. When customers found the info, they will look for a button or CTA to request more details or even buy. So, it is advisable to make sure that your CTA is easy to find and highlighted.
3. Not realizing the importance of website page speed
Without proper guidance, many designers did not realize that they overdid the design of the website. The designers think of having many carousels, animation effects, transitions, pop-ups, and more scripts that look cool for the website. Not only scripts but also having too many images on the website.
Too many scripts are heavy for website loading. When the website loads, it tries to load each script that it calls before the page will completely be loaded and causes the delay.
It is the same issue with images. Too many not optimized images will affect the website speed loading. Each photo is loaded one by one before the page is completely loaded. The bigger the image file is, the slower it will take time to load. Minimizing the use of images and making sure the file size is reduced and optimized without affecting its quality is a must in website design.
Website design gives importance to the success of your online business. It impacts how your customer judges your business or brand. Enhancing your website design and minimize design mistakes improves the chance to obtain quality leads quicker and increase conversion rates, which results in more sales. So, invest time in planning your website or consult agencies who offered custom web design services to do it for you. Make sure to double check your checklist on the effective web design for your business before launching your website.