Children learn best when they are engaged in activities that interest them. That is why Quran education is so essential for children – because the Quran is a source of knowledge and wisdom that can engage their curiosity and stimulate their minds. In addition, learning about this Holy Book at an early age will help children develop a strong foundation in their faith that will stay with them for life. Here’s why every child should get a Quran education:
It is an obligatory act for all MuslimsIslam places great importance on the sacred teachings of the Quran. Adults and children should get Quran Lessons and learn about the teachings to become God-fearing and loving individuals aware of their purpose in life.
The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: “Teach your children to pray when they are seven and hit them if they do not do so when they are 10.” (Al-Bukhari).
Parents should teach their children to say the first part of the Shahadah, “La ilaha illallah, Muhammadur-Rasulullah”, which means that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad (PBUH) is His Messenger – when they are seven.
If parents fail to fulfil this obligation, they will be held accountable for it on the Day of Judgment.
- Helps children develop a strong faith in Allah (S.W.T)
The child’s sense of right and wrong derives from their innate nature; however, this natural sense requires cultivation to become a sound moral compass acquired through education.
The holy book of Islam offers the best guidance on what’s right and wrong for all people. Even if parents disagree, Islam provides clear guidelines that cater to every age group. And the new-age learning through Online Quran tutors has encouraged this matter to a great extent in every possible way.
- Opens up new avenues of creativity and knowledge for them
The Quran is a universal book that has something for everyone: scientists, historians, scholars, and even children.
This unique text opens up new avenues of creativity and knowledge. It contains scientific facts revealed to Muhammad (PBUH) 1,400 years ago but discovered by scientists only recently.
These findings add proof to the claim that the Quran is indeed a sacred text. The scientific facts described in this Holy Book include:
- a) The creation of human beings from a single soul, at a time known only to Allah (Quran, 75:39) – until recently, the prevailing scientific belief was that life emerged billions of years ago.
- b) The water cycle, which involves evaporation and condensation (Quran, 41:11), was one of the most recent discoveries in physics, and it has only been discovered within the last century.
- c) The expansion of the universe (Quran, 51:47) – is only one of many facts about astronomy revealed to us through the Quran.
- Helps children recognize the signs of Allah (S.W.T)
The Quran and Sunnah (the sayings and teachings of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) contain many prayers and practices that benefit people. They include:
- a) The proper manner of reciting the Quran
- b) Supplications with which to seek Allah’s favour in times of hardship or distress;
- c) Asking forgiveness from Allah, the Ever-Forgiving.
The lessons also teach children to pray and perform religious obligations such as fasting and Hajj (pilgrimage). Knowing these practices will help them learn how to become productive members of society.
- Assist them in making the right choices in life
The Holy Book of Islam offers guidance on every topic related to life. From how to live as a daughter to living like a community leader, this sacred book provides thorough knowledge about it all. Through reading the Quran, children learn to avoid conflict but peacefully solve matters.
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: “The most hated person in the sight of Allah (God) is a person who is arrogant and rude.” (Al-Bukhari).
The best way to earn Allah’s satisfaction is by fulfilling our responsibilities as parents. And thus, no other better way to act upon it is by making our children recite this Holy Book of Islam. The blessings of this practice not just fall upon the parent but on their offspring themselves.
So why wait? Make your children join the best interactive and safest online Quran classes today at Online Quran Academy. They have modest and well-educated Quran scholars to help your child lead the Quran and Arabic language. Visit the website soon for further information.