There are majorly two types of Bellsouth Email Server Settings. First is the incoming server settings, which are used while sending an email. And the outgoing server settings, which are used while receiving an email.
And there are two further different types of Incoming Server Settings: IMAP settings and POP settings. On the other hand, only the SMTP settings are used to configure the outgoing server settings.
And in this guide, you will see all the essential information needed to configure the Bellsouth email settings.
So let’s begin with the Bellsouth POP settings.
The POP Server Settings for Bellsouth Email
So the following are the Bellsouth POP Server Settings that one should use while configuring the incoming server settings:
- Select POP as the net Incoming Email Server Account type.
- Enter your complete Bellsouth.net email address in the net Incoming Email Server User name section.
- Then enter the password associated with the net email in the Bellsouth.net Incoming Email Server Password Section.
- Enter mail.att.net in the Bellsouth.net Incoming Email Server hostname section.
- The net Incoming Email Server Port number is 995.
- The net Outgoing Email Server Port number is 465.
- Select Yes for the net Incoming Email Server TLS/SSL required section.
- And lastly, select Yes (Email Account Username and Password) option for the Authentication Required
Bellsouth IMAP Email Server Settings
Now use the following information if you are using the Bellsouth.net IMAP Email Server Settings to configure the Incoming email server:
- Choose IMAP as the net Incoming Email Server account type.
- Then enter your complete Bellsouth.net email address in the net Incoming Email Server User name section.
- Next, enter your complete Bellsouth.net email password in the net Incoming Email Server Password Section.
- Fill in mail.att.net in the Bellsouth.net Incoming Email Server hostname section.
- The net Incoming Email Server Port number is 993.
- The net Outgoing Email Server Port number is 465.
- Then select Yes for the net Incoming Email Server TLS/SSL required option.
- And lastly, select the option Yes (Email Account Username and Password) option for the Authentication required
The Bellsouth Email Settings for the Outlook App
The configuration process of Bellsouth server Email Settings for Outlook is straightforward. Just follow the following steps to do the configuration:
- So firstly, open your Outlook account, and search for the manual configuration.
- Then select Server Settings, and then select Additional Server Type
- Now, select the Next And then enter your name and Bellsouth email address in the respective sections. Also, choose between the IMAP or POP settings, whichever you like to use.
- If you are selecting the POP mail server settings, then enter yahoo.com in the incoming server section.
- Also, you need to enter yahoo.com in the Outgoing Server Section option for the outgoing server.
- Then select the option to use the same settings as my incoming server.
- Now open the Advanced tab and enter 995 and 465 in the Incoming Server port and Outgoing Server port
The Bellsouth Email settings for Android devices
Use the following Bellsouth server email settings to set up the bellsouth.net email on an Android device with the help on internet technology:
- So foremost, open the settings tab of your android device. And then open the Bellsouth account in the Gmail email application.
- Then open the menu bar option. Now tap on the drop-down menu appearing next to your name and select the Add Account
- Now you have to select between one of the Bellsouth Incoming email server settings. So, either you can choose the POP3 incoming server settings or select the IMAP incoming server settings to configure your email account.
- And also, enter your Bellsouth email associated password in the Password section. And then tap on the Next
- Now you need to verify the pop server by using net in the inbound server section. And the pop server port number will be 995.
- Next, again you need to enter net in the SMTP settings section.
- And lastly, enter 465 as the outgoing server port number.
- Also, select the Yes option for the TLS/SSL Required security section.
The Bellsouth Email Settings for the iPhone devices
Follow the following steps to set up the Bellsouth Email Settings on iPhone devices:
- So firstly, open the settings app or the setting tab from the home menu screen. And tap on the Accounts and passwords
- Now scroll down till you find the Add Account Once you find it, select it and specify your email account type.
- Enter your account information, along with a description.
- Now you need to enter your incoming mail server and outgoing mail server information in the respective sections.
- Tap on the Next button to do further settings.
- So using the above steps, you can add your Bellsouth email account to your Apple device.
But if you are using the iPhone 6 device, then you may have an older IOS version. So follow the following steps to configure the Bellsouth email account on your iPhone 6 device:
- Firstly, open the email app of your device.
- Then open the Settings tab from the home screen.
- In the settings tab, you will find the option mail, calendar, and contact Please open it and select the Add Account option.
- Now you need to specify your email client from the list of email clients.
- Next, you have to enter your name and email account in the respective sections. And then tap on the POP
- Then select the Other option, and then again tap on the Add Account This will allow you to configure your email account on your IOS device.
- Next, you will land on the mail accounts settings page. You need to enter the Bellsouth settings credentials on this page and then select the Next
- Then select the POP3 server as your incoming server settings
- Also, enter att.yahoo.com in the Incoming mail server section.
- Then enter att.yahoo.com in the Outgoing mail server section.
- Now tap on the Next button to verify the settings. And do not forget to Save the settings to complete the process.
So now we hope that you have learned about different types of Bellsouth Email Server Settings for different devices and email apps such as Android, iOS, Outlook, etc. And you can use the email settings given in this guide to set up your email account on any device or email app.
But there is a drawback of Bellsouth email, and this drawback mainly affects the users not living in the USA. As Bellsouth Emails does not operate outside the United States, thus people living outside the USA cannot use this brilliant email service.
However, you are lucky if you live in the US because you can use the amazing features of Bellsouth email. The email account also provides on-screen instructions to its users, using which they can easily set up their Bellsouth email account. And, of course, you can use the Bellsouth email on different online platforms and third-party email apps without any complications.