USB Audio Devices play a vital role while having conversations in online meetings. In addition, you rely on USB audio for communicating with your teammates while playing a video game.
If your USB audio device is not working with your PC, then you are in the right place. Read on the post to fix the problem.
Before moving to the fixes of this issue. Let’s talk about the causes why your USB audio device is not connecting to your system.
Why USB Audio Device Not Linked with Your Computer
Below listed are the most common reasons for the USB audio device not paired with your system:
- Outdated Drivers.
- Issues with other peripheral devices.
- USB Audio device not detected by your PC.
After understanding why the USB audio device was not working on your Windows 10 PC. Now, you must go through the fixes mentioned below.
How to Get Rid of USB Audio Device Not Connected to Your System
Here are some of the measures taken to resolve the USB Audio Device not working with your computer.
Fix 1: Booting Your PC While Your USB Audio Device Is Unplugged
If your audio device keeps on clashing with other peripherals, then your USB audio device won’t connect to your PC. To whitewash such kinds of problems, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Unplug the USB audio device.
- Reboot your PC.
- Disable all the peripheral devices.
- Wait patiently till your operating system is loaded properly.
- After loading the OS, you can plug in the USB audio Device to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Fix 2: Troubleshoot Hardware Devices
Troubleshooter is one of the best features of Windows 10 to fix the problems related to the operating system. In order to fix USB audio devices not working on Windows 10, troubleshoot hardware devices. Below is how to do it:
- Tap on Win +S keys together to open the search box.
- Write Control Panel and press Enter.
- Click on View by and choose Large Icons from the dropdown.
- Select Troubleshooting, from the list.
- Now choose hardware and sound.
- Choose hardware and devices from the next page, then select Next.
- Allow the troubleshooter to find any issue with your USB audio device. Wait for a while, till the process gets completed.
- After completing the process, follow the instructions given on your screen to get rid of this issue completely.
Fix 3: Choose Audio Device as Default
A few of the users stated that selecting an audio device as a default option helps out to fix the issue. So, you need to follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Right-click on the Speakers icon from the taskbar.
- Choose Open Sound Settings from the option.
- Move to the right pane, then choose the Sound Control Panel from Related Settings.
- Choose USB Audio Device from the Sound settings window.
- Now choose the Set Default button, and then press Ok to get the effect of the changes.
Fix 4: Update Audio Driver
A corrupted, outdated, or missing audio driver causes USB audio devices to not connect to your computer. There are several options to update the USB driver on Windows 10. You can update the driver manually, or use the software automatically.
Update USB Device with Device Manager
- Click on Win +R keys together to evoke the Run dialog box.
- Write devmgmt.msc, then press on the Ok button.
- Extend the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers category from Device Manager.
- Right-click on the USB audio device, and then click on Update Driver.
- Now choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
Wait for a while until Windows identifies and installs the USB audio driver.
Update Drivers Automatically with Bit Driver Updater
Bit Driver Updater is one best-dedicated driver update software. With the help of this tool, you can upgrade USB devices on Windows 10 and other versions automatically. It not only permits you to update the driver but also elevates the device’s performance. Follow the steps below to upgrade the driver easily.
- Click on the download link given on your screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- Evoke the software.
- Click on the scan option.
- Wait until the scanning process is complete, if you wish to update a specific driver, then you can use the Update Now option. However, if you need to update all the drivers at the same time, then you must use the Update All option.
Fix 5: Managing Your Privacy Settings
If your privacy settings are not managed properly, then you might not be able to find a USB Audio device on your PC. To resolve this issue, you need to configure the privacy settings for peripheral devices. Here are the steps:
- Press Win + I keys together to open the Settings app.
- Choose Privacy, from the settings app.
- Choose Microphone from the left pane.
- Go to the right pane, and then turn on Allow apps to access your microphone. Along with this, you should cross-check the apps one by one to which you want to give access to your USB microphone.
After applying changes to your privacy settings. Now, you should try a USB microphone again, to check whether the problem is resolved or not.
Read More: Tips to fix the Problem of Slow Laptop
USB Audio Devices Not Connected to Your Computer: Fixed
With the help of the above methods, you can fix the USB audio device not connected to your system. You can choose one of the best alternatives to update the USB driver on your Windows PC. If you find a better solution than this, please mention it in the comment section.
Hope you like the post. We will be back soon with another one.