How to Recover Deleted Files from External Hard Disk in Windows 10
Precautionary – When you come to know that files have been deleted from the external drive. Make sure to prevent any data modification activities by stopping using the drive immediately.
External hard drive unchained us to carry our valuable data anywhere anytime. But what happens when you accidentally deleted crucial data while deleting useless files from Windows 10? Then users only want to know that how to recover deleted files from external hard disks in Windows 10.
We will make sure that you leave with a solid solution that can satisfy your requirement of recovering files from any brand of external drive without data loss. Keep reading to know more.
Related Queries Asked by Users Asking to Recover the Deleted Files
- Method to recover data from external hard drive windows 10 free solution
- Ways to how to recover deleted files from external hard drive using cmd commands
- Resolve issue how to recover files from external hard drive not detected without data loss
“Hi-Tech team, I was emptying storage space by deleting files from my external drive using Windows 10. As I use it for my professional use only and keep only the important data into it. But my mistake I deleted the entire folder that holds my valuable files. I checked the recycle bin but could not find a single deleted file of the external drive. Does anyone have an idea what happened? How to recover deleted files from external hard disk in Windows 10 upgraded version?”
Why Deleted Files Are Not In Recycle Bin?
Data deleted while using the internal hard drive will be saved directly to the recycle bin. But external hard drives are not part of the C drive program files, this action does not perform by the system.
Recycle Bin is also the folder where all deleted files are stored. However, when the user deletes the files from the external drive, they are permanently deleted from it.
However, you can use a data recovery tool to recover deleted folders from the external hard drive of any brand of any size.
Reasons for Files Deletion from External Drive
Data sharing becomes more effortless with external hard drives. It has a large capacity to store numerous files including movies, presentations, the bulk of photos, music, and whatnot. Other than that keeping backup and wishful operating system and application are the additional advantages offered by external drives.
Still, they are prone to data deletion due to the following reasons.
- Power failure can damage the internal components of an external hard drive. Files in progress due to improper or unexpected shutdown are also deleted.
- If the hard disk is faulty then it would be more prone to data corruption and deletion of files.
- Bad sectors and technical damage such as read / write head displacement.
- Virus and malware attacks after visiting malicious websites, and downloading virus download applications from unauthorized sources.
- Human error is mainly due to inexperience or negligent user operation while running a computer system.
Note – Data recovery solution can recover deleted data from any of the above-mentioned reasons. The only condition is to restrict the overwriting actions.
It’s an alarming sign if you see any of these corruption signs
- Error messages during normal operations are frequent.
- Files & folders are missing or corrupt.
- System crashes and disk errors irregularly.
- Change in the file name of files and folder.
- The operating system will not boot.
- S.M.A.R.T. monitoring shows issues in the hard drives.
Instant Data recovery utility
- Download and run Hard drive Deleted Data recovery solution.
- Select the hard drive and click on the Scan button.
- Preview the recovered files and choose the files you want to recover and click on the Save button.
Tip – All the deleted files can be seen in red color for easy recognition.
- Specify the destination path to save the recovered files.
All of your recovered files can be accessed from the location you specified while exporting the recovered files. Now you know how to recover deleted files from an external hard disk in Windows 10.
Free Alternative – Chkdsk Command
- Press Windows key then type cmd. You need to select the option to run as administrator.
- Type chkdsk “system drive LETTER”: / f, then press Enter.
- Press Y when “Volume is in use by another process” displays.
- It checks basic file system structure, connections, security descriptions, and total disk storage space.
- Next, you need to re-enter the drive letter and then press Enter.
- [drive letter: \> attrib -h -r -s / s / d *. Enters *].
- This command restores all files on the storage drive (drive attribute -r -s: \ \ ).
Retype the drive letter and hit Enter.
- Type (drive letter: \> attrib -h -r -s / s / d *. *)
- This executing command will recover all files on the specified drive.
(attrib -r -s drive: \ \ )
Limitation – User must have adequate knowledge of command prompt along with other system specifications. Home-based users are recommended to use a direct solution to recover files from the external hard drive.
We learned about factors and symptoms of corruption of external hard drives. Users face file deletion in Windows 10 due to many reasons. We answered the question of how to recover deleted files from an external hard disk in Windows 10 in this blog post. Choose an instant hard drive deleted data recovery tool and avoid overwriting activities to maximize the data recovery.
Note: You can also read this: How to Download All Files from OneDrive for Business