‘Printer Offline’ error is considered a serious issue because you’ll not be able to print anything till the time your printer changes itself back to the online state. Mainly, it is assumed that the printer appears offline only when there’s some communication problem between the printer and your PC. However, not only this, there are many other reasons as well. Therefore, getting your printer back to an online state is not that simple, as you don’t know the particular reason behind the printer offline error.
The possible reasons behind the Printer offline windows 10 error are:
- Paper Jammed Error
- Network Connection Issues
- Or Out-dated or Corrupted Printer Driver is, etc
How To Get Printer Online?
In order to get the printer online in Windows 10, you need to look for a proper guide to solve this error. So, we’ve mentioned the below-given steps to help you:
First of all, you may need to confirm whether your printer is in ‘Offline mode’ or not. If yes, then select ‘Start’ go to ‘Settings’ then ‘Devices’ and then to ‘Printers and Scanners’. There, open ‘Queue’ to choose your printer and under your printer ensure that ‘Use Printer Offline’ mode is not selected. If it is selected then remove it to get back your printer in ‘Online’ state.
But doing so will help you temporarily, and so required some permanent solution to this problem. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Windows 10, go to the ‘Start’ button, click ‘Settings’ and there on the setting screen click the ‘Devices’
- Then on the next window, you need to hit the ‘Troubleshoot’ option from the side menu.
- In that option, click on ‘Printer’.
- Doing so will get you the expanded menu and there you have to click ‘Run the Troubleshooter Printer’
- This option will then show you two suggestions i.e.,
- Update Printer’s Driver or
- Make your Printer ‘the default printer’
- Lastly, sticking to the ensuing instruction, click on ‘Apply This Fix’ in order to apply the suggested fixes and get the printer back to the ‘Online’ state.
Additionally, if you want to know, how to manually update Printer’s Driver, here how you can update and re-install it:
- In ‘Settings’ options choose ‘Printers’ in order to select the printer.
- After selecting the printer, click right on it to choose ‘Properties’.
- Then, search for the driver button under the ‘General’ or ‘Details’ to choose the driver again (if needed download the updated driver from the official website).
- Now, by going back to the “Select the printer under ‘Printers’ option in the settings menu” you’re required to re-install the printer
- Delete the previous printer and reinstall it again through the ‘Add printer wizard’.
That’s it; by following these steps you can definitely troubleshoot your printer offline error. Still, if the problem persists; it is suggested to contact your printer’s company.