A digital X-ray scan, also known as digital radiography, is an advanced form of x-ray which uses digital sensors rather than traditional photographic film. Furthermore, digital radiography can instantly convert a captured image to digital data, and it can be available for review within a few seconds.
This modern X-ray procedure is not always available in any X-ray center. All you need to do is to type a digital x-ray near me on google to know the available centers near your location. Star Imaging And Path Labs is one trusted name in the world of healthcare and diagnostic that takes pride in providing all the advanced forms of medical test procedures. Digital radiography is one new addition to their list, which you can opt for any time at a very competitive rate.
The process of modern X-ray is similar to normal X-ray, but in this case, the technology is different and more advanced. Check out the following function required for undergoing a digital X-ray scan.
Preparations Done Before The Tests
The process of an X-ray doesn’t require any special preparation. At Star Imaging and Path Lab, the practitioner or the technician will make you understand the entire process before they begin.
- Firstly, remove jewelry, eyeglasses or any metal objects or accessories or even a piece of clothing that comes in the way.
- Secondly, stand or lie down depending on the area which needs to be examined.
- The machine will send a beam of radiation which will pass through your body, but it can’t penetrate the hard bones so that it will appear white in the image. The soft tissues, fat and other organs appear gray as the radiation passes through them. In the case of a lung X-ray, the air inside the lungs cavity will appear black.
- After that, the doctors sometimes use a contrast agent like barium oxide to clear the image. A doctor can give you a shot or will ask you to swallow it before undergoing the test procedure.
- Digital X-Ray is entirely painless, and you will not feel any discomfort, but you will be advised to stay still during the process.
- The technician might take 3 or 4 pictures from various angles to get the right image.
- Sometimes a pillow will be provided to elevate a portion that needs to be examined to get a more precise image.
- Your technician will also ask you to hold your breath while undergoing a chest X-ray to get a better image.
Risks Associated With Modern X-ray
- The biggest downfall of the normal x-ray is radiation exposure. Radiation exposure can cause fatal diseases, including cancer, but digital radiography exposes you to 90% less radiation while producing a better image. Therefore modern X-ray is less risky than the traditional one.
- Doctors do not recommend the X-ray procedure during pregnancy as it will expose the fetus to radiation. In addition, although the radiation amount in digital x-ray tests is much lower than in traditional form, still it is not recommended during pregnancy. Ask your doctor if you need one.
- The contrasting agent sometimes causes adverse effects on our digestive system. So the healthcare executives advise drinking plenty of water to flush it out from the body.
What Are The Differences Between Normal X-rays and Modern X-rays?
The modern x-ray or digital radiography is similar to the traditional form and only uses cutting-edge technology to provide faster and better results. Moreover, here the differences between these two are listed down.
Level Of Radiation Exposure
The most significant difference between modern and traditional x-rays is the radiation level. A digital x-ray is far safer than a traditional one as it will expose you to 90% less radiation than the normal one.
Better Image Clarity
Digital radiography uses the latest technology coupled with digital sensors, which produce sharper images than its traditional counterpart. The idea created by digital radiography is better and more straightforward and helps your doctor to detect minute abnormalities and changes.
Traditional X-rays use printed fills, which need time to record and maintain. While the digital version can store, retrieve and share digital images quickly and even store a large number of photographs digitally. Therefore with digital x-ray, it is easier for the doctor to record, store and maintain the individual data of each patient.
The traditional method of X-ray requires a combination of a variety of toxic chemicals to develop the image, which can cause an allergic reaction if properly not used. Furthermore, if the technicians do not dispose of the chemicals properly, they can cause significant environmental distress as toxins will be released into the environment. On the other hand, digital X-rays are devoid of any film, which makes them safer to use as there will be no toxic chemicals.
When Do You Need An X-Ray?
X-ray is an age-old procedure to detect a variety of diseases, abnormalities and underlying issues such as
- injured or broken bones
- Dislocated joints or fractures
- Fatal diseases like cancer
- Degenerative diseases like arthritis
- Decay in tooth
- Pain in the abdominal cavity
Besides that, doctors can perform X-rays to detect various lung diseases like tuberculosis, asthma, pneumonia etc. Sometimes the doctors conduct an X Ray in children when they swallow an object accidentally. People suffering from breathing issues may undergo this process to understand any heart alignments.
State The Types Of X-ray
Various X-rays are available, and your doctor can suggest the one you need the most. If you are searching for X-Ray Center Near Me in Delhi, contact Star Imaging & Path Labs, as they provide a variety of X-ray test processes.
Some of the most common types of X-rays which doctors widely recommend are as follows.
- Chest Xray
- Neck X-ray
- Abdominal X-ray
- Dental X-ray
- X-ray of Skull
- Thoracic X-ray
- Pelvic X-ray
- Bone & joint X-ray
- Spine X-ray
- Hand X-ray
- Extremity X-ray
- Barium X-ray
- Skeleton X-ray
- Upper GI X-ray
- Small bowel X-ray
- Sinus X-ray
- Skeleton X-ray
How Much Does The Digital X-ray Cost?
The average cost of X-rays varies between Rs. 300 to Rs. 800, but in the case of digital X-ray, the price is a bit higher, but the satisfaction, quality and delivery time is much better than the traditional method.
Furthermore, it varies from center to center. It depends on the body part the doctor wants to examine. To know the Digital X-Ray cost in Star Imaging & Path Lab, all you need to do is to dial the number a book an appointment, and the rest will be all assured, as they take pride in providing the best and most advanced form of medical text at a very competitive rate.
Digital X-ray is creating a revolution in the medical industry by providing multiple benefits over its predecessor. It is fast, easy and safer than the traditional one and instantly produces a better image. More and more doctors and X-ray centers in Delhi are opting for it besides its conventional counterpart. You can contact Start Imaging & Path Labs for better guidance.
Star Imaging is one of the trusted name for Digital X Ray in Delhi. We do all kind of X Ray including chest, shoulder, dental, knee, foot, cervical, wrist, pelvis etc at the lowest cost.