Canon MG3620 Wireless setup One of the most popular printers for family use, the Canon Pixma MG3620 is known for producing excellent quality printouts. Apart from the wired setup, the Canon MG3620 wireless setup allows you to connect any Wi-Fi-enabled device to the printer and print wirelessly. However, you must ensure the correct installation technique for smooth and proper functioning of the printer. In this blog, we will discuss how to connect Canon Pixma MG3620 to WiFi and do the proper setup for an all-new printing experience.
Canon MG3620 Manual
You receive the Canon MG3620 manual along with the printer package. Before you start with the Canon MG3620 setup, it is recommended that you go through the manual, especially if you are new to printers. The manual consists of detailed information on printer specification, the installation procedure, the setup procedure, and so on.
How To Setup Canon Pixma MG3620 Printers on Windows OS?
Although Canon Pixma MG3620 manual setup doesn’t require you to have any technical expertise, you should strictly follow the recommended guidelines to avoid any error. Follow the below-mentioned steps to set up Canon Pixma MG3620 Printer:
- Remove the printer from its package and keep it on a flat surface.
- Connect the printer’s power adapter into an electrical socket and turn on the printer.
- Now, insert the printer driver installation CD into the optical drive of your computer and install the software.
- If you opt for a wired connection, insert one end of the USB cable to the USB port of your computer and another to the USB port of the printer.
- If you opt for a wireless connection, enable the wireless feature of the printer by pressing the WPS button on the printer.
- Wait for the printer to detect the list of available wireless networks (SSID) in range.
- On the printer’s control panel, locate your SSID and tap on it.
- You can now enter the wireless password for connecting the printer wirelessly and print documents.
Tips To Connect Canon Pixma MG3620 to WiFi
Once you are done with the Canon wireless setup on computer, you can connect the printer to WiFi and use a smart device to print wirelessly. Here, we will take an example of a laptop installed with Windows operating system. To start with, turn on the printer by plugging the power adapter of the printer into an electrical socket. Once the printer is turned on, you need to enable its wireless feature by pressing the WPS button on it. The next step requires you to use the printer’s control panel and tap on your wireless network from the list of available networks in range. Once you connect the printer to your wireless network, you can use your laptop to connect to the printer and start printing all your documents and photographs wirelessly.
Canon MG3620 Wireless Setup on Mac
If you have a Mac device and want to use the Canon MG3620 Printer to print documents, you must use the proper Canon Pixma MG3620 setup Mac. Before you start with the Canon Pixma MG3620 WiFi setup for Mac, ensure that your router has a WPS button available. Also, ensure that your network is using the WPA or WPA2 security protocol. Once you ensure these, follow the below-mentioned steps to complete the Canon MG3620 wireless setup on Mac:
- Turn on the printer and ensure that the power LED is lit.
- Press and hold the wireless button on the printer; check if the Alarm Lamp blinks once.
- Check if the light near the Wi-Fi signal flashes blue. If yes, press the WPS button on your router within two minutes, otherwise the connection could not be established.
- Now, the printer’s Wi-Fi lamp should blink and search for the available wireless networks in range.
- Once the wireless connection is established, the power and Wi-Fi lights will stop blinking and become still.
How To Resolve If Canon MG3620 Wireless Printer Isn’t Printing?
Instances might occur when you cannot print any documents using the Canon MG3620 Printer. One of the most common reasons for the occurrence of such issues is paper jamming. To remove a jammed paper from your printer, you need to first remove the printer access door and grab the jammed paper using both your hands. The next step requires you to gently pull out the paper while ensuring nil traces of paper inside the printer. You can finally close the printer access door and check if the issue is resolved.
Another reason for the occurrence of printing issues is when the printer is set to offline. In such cases, you need to bring the printer online by following the series of steps mentioned under:
- Press the “Windows+R” keys together to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “control” in the blank space and press Enter to open the Control Panel.
- Click on “Devices and Printers”.
- Right-click your printer’s name and select “See what’s printing”.
- On the new window, select “Printer” from the menu bar at the top.
- Click on “Use Printer Online” and check if you can now print documents.
Alternate Ways To Resolve If Canon MG3620 Printer Isn’t Printing
Now that you have read a couple of techniques to resolve when the Canon MG3620 Printer stops printing, read on to explore some alternate ways to resolve this. First, perform a quick restart of the printer by turning off the printer and disconnecting the power adapter from the electrical socket for about two minutes. You can reconnect the printer adapter after two minutes and wait for the device to establish a connection.
Secondly, check for the presence of any dust or debris inside the printhead. This requires you to first remove the ink cartridge from the printer and then remove the printhead. Next, you need to grab a clean cloth soaked in lukewarm water and remove the excess water. You can clean the printhead using this wet cloth and keep the printhead to dry. Once the printhead is properly cleaned, place it into the relevant slot of the printer and then check if you can print your documents and photographs.
Canon Pixma MG3620 wireless setup requires you to turn on the WPS feature of the printer as well as your router. You can use the printer’s control panel to locate the wireless network and enter the wireless network password. This will connect your printer to Wi-Fi, further allowing you to use any of your wireless-enabled devices to print wirelessly. Follow the mentioned steps of Canon MG3620 wireless setup on Windows and Mac the exact way as mentioned here and ensure an all-new journey of printing.