Not so complicated in fact, but still not so easy and simple…
1. Is worth it buying your plans online than hiring an architect?
2. Is buying your plans online still cheaper than hiring an architect?
- Not every house plan has the same price, it varies according to the architecture style followed, the area needed, and the total number of rooms.
- Not every architect has the same evaluation of his work; some are more costly than others according to the effort put in designing their plans, the style adopted, plus the drafting work, etc …
- Besides, different websites present different types of plan sets (discussed later).
3. Is there additional costs after buying a set of plans online?
4. Taking into account the site nature on which you plan to build your house.
For instance, is it flat? Sloped? How much is the natural soil gradient? Is there limited access to the site? Is there a view? etc… All of these and other constraints must be studied one by one to avoid future potential harm in the construction.
|Consider the site nature on which you plan to build your house.|
5. What other restrictions should you consider? (Important)
- Note: In some other countries, the restriction may come from planning decrees in favor of crossing a road through part of your land. In such a case, you have the obligation to setback from it a certain distance according to the particulars that came along with every decree. You can have a detailed list concerning your property for those particulars from the PBD also.
6. Don’t be foolish, be smart!
- Technically, the driveway is the inner road that will connect your garage to the main road outside your land.
7. How to benefit the most from your Online Plans?
- First, remember that this is your home, and you should make every try to make it everything you want and need; Any changes you intend to make in the future will cost more than the double amount of money than its original price, due to many constraints.
- Second, look for plans that already have the same number and type of rooms that you want, no more no less. Resizing a room or adding shelving or other features is much easier than adding or removing an entire room(s).
- Third, select a home that is already designed in the style that you desire. If you like the Tuscan style, then don’t buy anything else than this style; Trying to transform a Craftsman Homestyle into another style will only result in a messy-mixed design.
Not sure what style to adopt in your new home? Read more about the most popular home styles in my previous article: 10 Most Popular Architectural World Home Styles | American Architectural Styles (with images) and have plenty of ideas to choose from!
8. Make the plans work for you, not the opposite.
9. You did think right!
10. Go Green!
You can read about this topic here, it will introduce you to a whole new world yet unknown for the majority of communities:– Learn what the Green Architecture includes,– How to build a green building from the start, and what are the materials to use,– The Pros and Cons of utilizing this process,– And much other helpful information.