Do you know? what is Shavasana Yoga Pose, and what are the amazing benefits and steps of doing Shavasana, if not then here we have explained in detail such things that you should know, so let’s start.
What is Shavasana Yoga Pose?
The word Shavasana is derived from Sanskrit in which “corpse” means “dead body” and asana means “posture or mudra”.
Do the practice of this yoga at the end of Yogasana to give rest to the whole body. In this yoga, the body is like a corpse so it is also called corpse posture.
This mudra seems easy but when you start practicing it you will get the kind of benefits that no other mudra will get. In Shavasana, along with your peace of mind and body fatigue, your brain forces you to control your emotions.
Well, maybe you can sleep while you practice this asana. A reminder will help you that your body should not be like you are sleeping but you are awake in your mind. Start practicing this asana using a period of 5–10 minutes.
Steps of doing Shavasana Yoga Pose
- In this yoga, just lying down. Lay a chair or mat and lie on your back. If you are uncomfortable then use any object like a pillow under your neck.
- Close your eyes.
- Place four to six inches distance between your body and hands.
- Relax your legs, keeping a short distance between the two legs. The fingers of both feet should be opposite to each other.
- Place the palms towards the sky and place your hands with the body but do not touch your body.
- Slowly focus your attention on every part of the body and relax your entire body, leaving the entire body loose.
- Close your eyes. Now take a little breath. Take slow and deep breaths and enjoy each breath. Do not pay attention to the excitement, haste, or anything that arises in your mind. Just be with your body and mind. Dedicate your entire body to the earth and relax. Keep in mind that while doing this asana, you do not get sleep.
- Now focus all your attention on your breath.
- Stay in the same position for at least 5 to 10 minutes. Then when you feel full, you can slowly open your eyes.
- Now get up and sit down with the help of your right hand.
- While keeping concentration on your breaths, start moving your hands and toes lightly, then rotate your butts. It’s the time of doing hands up and stretch your body and slowly get up.
Benefits of doing Shavasana Yoga Pose/ corpse pose
This asana is one of the most important asanas of yoga, and it has many benefits, which you may not know, so let us know what are benefits of Shavasana.
1. Benefits of Shavasana is beneficial for physical condition
With this yoga practice, the body relaxes and goes into a state of deep meditation, which in turn helps repair your cells and tissues and relieve stress.
2. Benefits of Shavasana provide calm and rest to the body
This yoga fills your body with joy and rejuvenates your body. This makes a great end to your workout so it should be done at the end. It is perfect yoga between exercise and your daily chores.
3. Benefits of Shavasana reduce blood pressure and anxiety
As your body relaxes and calms down, your blood pressure also decreases, and this gives your heart a rest. As a result, anxiety comes under control, and stress is overcome.
4. Benefits of Shavasana increase concentration and memory
The direct effect of meditation is meditation and concentration. When you focus on each area of your body when you are in this yoga posture, your mind automatically improves concentration and memory.
5. Benefits of Shavasana increase energy levels
The fastest and safest way to gain quick energy is “Shavasana”. A 10-minute exercise energizes your body, and thus, increases your productivity.
Other benefits of Shavasana Yoga Pose
- By doing this asana, the body relieves tension. As a result blood circulation starts flowing smoothly.
- It improves sleep and treats insomnia.
- It also helps in lowering your blood pressure.
- To improve sex life, it is very important to calm the mind. Practicing this asana communicates new energy to your body. Therefore, you should do this asana to improve your sex life.
- Shavasana calms the brain and helps relieve depression.
- By doing this Yogasana, the entire body gets relief.
- This yoga is a valuable medicine and home remedy for stress, headache, and insomnia.
- Practicing this yoga also improves your memory and concentration.
- Breathing reduces your fatigue because this body
- By practicing this, your chronic pain may be reduced.
- It improves concentration.
- Its practice relaxes your muscles, repairs the body cells.
- It can help patients who have neurological problems like asthma, constipation, diabetes, indigestion.
- It is an effective yoga pose for Vata dosha.
Precaution to be taken while doing the Shavasana Yoga Pose
Although anyone can do Shavasana, there are some precautions that you should follow:
- Do not try to move your body while practicing Shavasana as doing so may spoil the purpose of the asana which will lead to a feeling of disturbance.
- Do not practice this asana in a place where there is noise or external noise.
- Do not try to sleep while doing this asana. If you do this, there is no harm from this, but make sure you stay in a safe place.
- If you are forbidden from lying on the ground with your doctor, then you should not practice it.
If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can join a 100 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India.
Hope after knowing all these benefits, you will never have to say that what is Shavasana yoga pose, and what are the benefits and steps of doing Shavasana yoga pose.